top of page

The Simple Touches Group

Public·34 members

What a video tour does not show you

I did nine video tours of houses in Bali before going there in person, and the gap between the two was educational.

What video carries: layout, light, condition of the kitchen. What it does not carry: the noise from the road behind the wall, how hot the upstairs room gets at two in the afternoon, whether the neighbour runs a generator, and the smell when the wind comes off the river.

I kept every video and matched it against my own notes after each visit, using https://global-property.investments/ as the master list so the same property had one row and one link rather than five WhatsApp threads.

Two houses I had ranked first dropped to the bottom in a single afternoon. One I had almost skipped is now the one we are negotiating on.

8 Views
bottom of page